NEW concept? for pattern entry.

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Mon Jul 28 13:32:18 AKDT 2003

Jim

Thanks..Makes more sense now...thought people were suggesting having this
older style at AMA pattern contests to increase participation...that did
not make sense to me. By the way ...I will spend about $900 attending
local contests this year.  This is travel/fees/gas/food and roach motel
cost only...excluding beer/plane/radio/fuel etc.  No matter how cheap the
plane and gear are there is a significant cost associated with just
getting to the contests. That $900 is my cost after I split all of the
expenses with Lance. Many a used plane engine combo can be had for less
than this and be competitive. I believe and have experienced that some
will always have a reason NOT to do it...cost is a real easy -out. $400
plane and $900 in travel.... or a $900 used plane and $900 travel. If $500
is make or break financially that person may be better off in a cheaper
hobby or just sport flying the newest P-51 ARF.

Gray Fowler
Principal Chemical Engineer
Composites Engineering