NEW concept? for pattern entry.

GeorgeF. av8tor at flash.net
Mon Jul 28 08:28:20 AKDT 2003

At 09:59 AM 7/28/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>  Look you don't need to add events. Just change sportsmans to give entry
> level a different choice. If a guy needs to fly turnaround than he should
> just enter intermediate. His choice. Now what could we change to get more
> woman interested in flying pattern?
>Just kiddin. Mike

I thought a few years ago we eliminated a class (Novice) so there would be
more people flying in each class.  Wasn’t there a problem of not having
enough people in a class?  Now you want to go back and add another class?

Makes me think maybe we should revert back to some of what worked in the past.
Novice = add more  basic maneuvers, no turn around
Sportsman = Mostly turnaround with an exit or two for the pilot to regroup
Advanced = All turnaround
Expert = All turnaround
Masters = All turnaround
FAI = Top of the Food Chain.

Kinda seems to me that some of what was used in the early 90’s once again
has its place here in year 2003.  All that’s needed are a few
modifications.  Anyway I never liked the new names and I can’t believe
people didn’t enter pattern simply because the entry level class was called
Novice
..

George
http://www.AuctionWholesaler.com