CD's Competing

Dean Pappas d.pappas at kodeos.com
Mon Jul 28 06:54:42 AKDT 2003

Hi George,
It's kind of you to say that it worked well, and maybe my thoughts
on the subject will have some credence because of it.

To begin with ... I wasn't the CD! Joe Lachowski was "the" CD and
he and I did a load share. Joe took care of all the pre-contest logistics,
and on contest day he made sure that the tabulation "machine" worked smoothly.
All I had to do was manage the flightlines, judge assignments, runners, and scribes,
and answer any judging standards questions. For everyone's info
I was more visible then Joe, but that is in our two natures, and part of why we
work well together.

In general, I don't believe in flying in my club's contest ... The appearance of
impropriety can stick like tar! But, on that day, the number of pilots
necessary to make FAI count for Team Selection qualification process
needed to be satisfied, so I flew. I find that I don't fly as well when
pre-occupied with managing the event.

Regards,
	Dean P.