OS 1.60FX

Gordon Anderson GAA at owt.com
Fri Jul 25 16:30:42 AKDT 2003

All,

   I have been running an OS 1.60FX in a Focus for close to a year, about
20 gallons of fuel or so. After a little trouble getting things setup I
have had very good performance. I'm using a Perry pump for fuel delivery
and the use of this pump solved all of my initial problems. The only thing
I have had to do is replace the main bearing one time.

  My question is about the fuel injected version of this engine. I'm
building a Temptation and I'm wondering if the FI version of the engine is
worth the extra cost. Here are a few questions for those in the know on
this subject:

1.) What are the main advantages?
2.) Do you still need to add a pump for fuel delivery, if so is the Perry
pump a good choice?
3.) Any power advantage?
4.) Any maintenance issues?

  Please let me know your thoughts on this subject.

Thanks!

--Gordon

# discussion-request at nsrca.org