PPG Concept safety

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Fri Jul 25 09:17:06 AKDT 2003

Some people will be much more sensitive when exposed than others. You
really do not want to find out that you are one of the more sensitive
types.
Concept is an "industrial" product not "Commercial". There are different
sets of rules (like OSHA monitoring) for industrial....that is why
technically we as modelers should not possess Concept..we are commercial.
But, no problem buying the stuff from the local car paint guys.....no
questions asked. And as everyone knows...we as modelers deserve the best....

"Banned" paints such as the K&B epoxy had nothing to do with the organic
epoxy matrix or solvents...it was banned because th K&B formula was very
old and used "newly" restricted heavy metal pigments.....Lead yellow,
Cadmium red etc.  The epoxy portion was run of the mill epoxy cured with
polyamide (which is why the white always yellowed). K&B in their financial
state must have chosen not to reinvest in new formulas, which by the way
were produced by  Deft I do beleive.

Flyings colors was made to match Ultracote??? No wonder my red is a shade
off my monokote!!

Gray Fowler
Principal Chemical Engineer
Composites Engineering