MDS pattern engine?

Ihncheol Park PatternFlyer at msn.com
Wed Jul 23 21:25:20 AKDT 2003

Dave,
Here is what I think.
For example, my OS 91SX-H is rated for 2.8HP at 15 or 16K rpm.
I used tuned pipe and APC 15x8, 20% nitro.  It runs at 10K rpm.
When I use thrust calculator downloaded from web, using above data, the
engine is at 2.8 horsepower range.

So, for MDS 148. If it can turn 16x10 at 9K rpm, it shows at 3.4 horse
power.  I am pretty sure that 148 can turn 16x10 at 9K when used with tuned
pipe.

To get most power out of engine, I think we can use tuned pipe and larger
diameter to get maximum power.

What do you think?

Ihncheol Park