Pipe/Silencer for 120SF

Ron Van Putte vanputte at nuc.net
Mon Jul 21 04:57:18 AKDT 2003

mrstev0922 at aol.com wrote:

> Does anybody have suggestions or rcommendations for an inexpensive two
> stroke pipe that could be used on a 120SF??  I'm trying to avoid
> parting with nearly a hundred bucks for the Johnson Muffler JAYM200.
> Was hoping an inexpensive MAC pipe would quiet the engine and still
> allow it to breath.
>
> Please get back to me with any suggestions or scenarios that you may
> have tried.

I use a Macs 40 size quiet pipe with all my 1.20 - 1.40 size 4-stroke
engines.
Several people have asked my how I get away with it.  Nevertheless, they
do the job of muffling the engine and getting the exhaust residue toward
the back of the airplane.  Tuning is not a factor on these engines.

Ron Van Putte