2004 Nat's finals for lower classes

Ron Van Putte vanputte at nuc.net
Sun Jul 20 11:31:25 AKDT 2003

BUDDYonRC at aol.com wrote:

> I don't think we as a group would have a problem finding judges either.
> I don't understand your comment That you would only consider 20% what
> makes Intermediate and Advanced any different from Masters and FAI
> unless you are saying that the Masters and FAI classes will only
> include 20% in the finals next year.

That's exactly what I am saying.  If I have my way, it will be written
in the NSRCA-approved plan for next years Nats that 20% of the entrants
in a class (rounded up) will be in the finals, no matter how long and
hard the entrants lobby for more.  A five-hour+ finals is way too long.
 Some people have argued that we should conduct our Nats as close to the
F3A Sporting Code as is reasonable.  If 20% in the finals is enough for
the Sporting Code, it's enough for our Nats.

Ron