NATS Experience

don szczur dszczur at maranatha.net
Sat Jul 19 21:54:11 AKDT 2003

There are just too many e-mails to respond to, so if I don't respond directly to all who congratulated me, I sincerely thank you very much.

There is so much I'd like to write about, I really want to before it just all slips away.  Items that come to mind are:

1.  Aircraft setup for competition, the in's and out's of preparing it for competition.  Letting the Airplane do the walking.
2.  Consistency in Judging - having sat in the judging chair, specifically during a masters round where Donny Wright was first up.  I exerienced first hand, from the "judges chair" the possible, but unexplainable phenomonon of the first flyer's score being lower than an equivalent flight later in the round.
3.  The experience of winning F3A at the NATS.
4.  Sound in pattern models.  I did quite a bit of testing around the sound meter this week with different prop/ATV and needle valve settings on the DZ. Common knowledge to some, a mystery to others.
5.  Pattern Clinics- and developing interest in Pattern.  Specifically a Valley Forge clinic and the Arcola Pattern Clinic that seem to come to mind.

I normally just write until I'm written out, but there is too much up there between the ears just bouncing around and its late, so good night and, I think based on all the e-mail I got, I can go to sleep tonight without the fear of waking up and realizing that this last week was just a dream.

Don