rectracts vs. fixed gear

Wayne Galligan wgalligan at goodsonacura.com
Fri Jul 18 07:23:59 AKDT 2003

So far all the pros n cons for the type of gear one use here has been either asthetic or easy of use.   What if any differences are there aerodynamicaly between the two?  Does the retract hole in the wing effect flow over the wing? Does the fixed gear hanging down effect overall trim or handling? Obviously it dosent effect the planes that much since a majority of the top pilots are flying fixed gear. Could be the fact that we have more power to pull these airships as compared to the sleek missles of the 70's and 80's so drag isnt an issue.

Smooth FLying...

Wayne G.