The next thing - Biplanes???

Jeff Hughes jhughes at hsonline.net
Fri Jul 18 06:35:27 AKDT 2003

Well, I'm pretty Joe average (oldest intermediate pilot in District 4)
and view Biplanes as pretty cool. I've posted a picture of my Dr.
Jekyl Biplane I've got under construction. Just about ready to cover.
Swap meet kit for $200, free set of wings from a friend. OS.1.40 with
KS muffler. Bolly gear and pants (though it would have looked better
with retracts, but that would have been a bunch more work). Here is a
link to the pic on RCU:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=181334&forumid=232

Hopefully have it flying before the district finals in september.

> I predict that Bipes are NOT the next big thing for Joe Average. Of
course,
> there is no pattern flier I know who considers himself Joe Average,
SOOOOO, yes
> many will likely flock to them. But there are very few who are
skilled enough
> to set them up correctly
> .  In today's ARF and barf world of pattern, patience and building
skill are
> becoming quite scarce. For most of us, working a monoplane into
submission is
> tough work, let alone trying to figger out a new type of platform,
with all
> its complexity, like the Bipe.
>
> Having said that, Chip flew his DV great at the Team Selection.
Kenny Lauter

--
CoreComm Webmail.
http://home.core.com