RD8000 - Throttle Cut Off Problem

jed241 at msn.com jed241 at msn.com
Sat Jul 12 08:21:57 AKDT 2003

I have a New, never been used, RD8000 Transmitter.

After setting up this system in a Focus and completing all the required adjustments for all the control surfaces,  and all the other nuances, the throttle was last to set-up...Easiest right...NO...

I have been playing, reading, fiddling, all trying to get the Throttle Cut-Off (TCO) and Trim to operate properly. After about two hours, here is were I'm at:

1) The radio appears to be assembled properly from a mechanical standpoint. Inspected throttle/rudder gimble and wiring. Wiring seems to be consistent with a Good RD6000.

2) The TCO/Trim seems to only work when the Throttle is wide open (stick in the up position). This is opposite of a good RD6000 I've been using.

3) I swapped crystals to an RD6000 and all operates properly. Problem is in the X-Mitter.

4) Servo reversing works, but doesn't change TCO or Trim.

5) There are no system settings that appear to change the TCO/Trim to the low end (Stick in the down position).

6) The RD6000 does not respond to TCO/Trim at full throttle which is normal. Actually as you open up the throttle to full, the TCO/Trim becomes less effective and null at full throttle. This is the exact opposite of the RD8000. My initial thought was the the stick was installed backwards...It's not...

Am I missing something? It appears that either there is a SW problem or wires are crossed or wrong part is used for the throttle.

For those Hard-Core Futubooboo (Futaba) or Junior Radio (JR) Fans, I'm an Airtronics guy. Won't change unless they go out of business or don't fix my radio...<VBG>

Any thoughts before I send it back for repair?

Larry Diamond
NSRCA 3083
AMA 5024