3M "Piranha Putty"

John Gausby humptybumpty at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 9 15:56:48 AKDT 2003

Back in Jan 02 we got into a discussion on various hobby fillers and substitutes that work well for filling pinholes ,fairing in clear canopys, making wing fillets etc etc.. I copied a note sent by Buddy on "3M flowable finishing putty" part#05824.

Went to my local auto body supply shop last week and the above has been changed to #05821 Piranha Putty. Same stuff....Comes in a 24 oz plastic tube with a 1 oz. tube of hardener. Cost was about $17.00.

NICE STUFF.....Lightweight micro balloon polyester. Sets up in about 5 minutes and ready to sand in about 20 minutes. You don't need much hardener. Just follow the instructions and experiment a little with the hardener. It's a nice alternative to Sig epoxylite and such. You DO need to work fast. Smells and sets up like bondo.....What a name!!! Piranah Putty?

F.Y.I. for you builders out there....Thanks Buddy!........John
# discussion-request at nsrca.org