Bearing Rust Saga Cont'd

Bob Pastorello rcaerobob at cox.net
Tue Jul 8 02:42:46 AKDT 2003

Incheol - In fact, that last flight with the bad bearing, there was this black and dark grey goo all over the side of the fuse; I thought a retainer had let go.  Turns out, based on close inspection, that it must have been overheated synthetic oil that was coming out.  Probably WOULD have cooked things good if I didn't have the cowl scoop directing air onto the bearing area of the crankcase.

Bob Pastorello, Oklahoma
NSRCA 199, IMAC 1320, AMA 46373
rcaerobob at cox.net
www.rcaerobats.net