OS 140 Bearings

flyboy422 at juno.com flyboy422 at juno.com
Mon Jul 7 07:54:25 AKDT 2003

Rodney,

      If I wan't econo bearings, I get them locally for about $9.00.
These are the bearings similar to OEM.  They are used in dirt bikes and
are readily available.  These bearings are the ones I referred to on the
list as good for 100 flights.  Stainless bearings are available from Budd
Engineering.  Always remove the shields and clean out the grease.
Stainless bearings are good for as many as 250-300 flights.

     I have three OS 140's. Each have over 250 flights and I have almost
never changed a ringed or piston. The only time was when a bearing failed
at a contest (of course) and ate up the piston and sleeve.  All three
engines are still cranking out RPM's,  so I don't have much experience in
that area.  I would use the power level as the judge.

     Steve Miller
# discussion-request at nsrca.org