Fuel Question... Why the metal cans?

RUDDERCABL at aol.com RUDDERCABL at aol.com
Sun Jul 6 17:59:38 AKDT 2003

In a message dated 7/6/2003 9:47:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
atwoodm at paragon-inc.com writes:

> Shipping in quarts will allow you to ship UPS without the $5/gal haz-mat
> fee.  Most of the time though the fuel is shipped by motor freight, which has
> similar regs, but different fees.  If you're shipping more than #200lbs,
> (roughly 40gal), it's much cheaper to go freight.

 Sorry for my error .
So , what you are saying is that if I order four gallons in one gallon jugs ,
I will be charged five dollors per gallon as a haz-mat fee. However , I can
get five gallons shipped in quarts and the haz-mat fee is waived ?

Robert Gainey