Fuel Question... Why the metal cans?

Ron Van Putte vanputte at nuc.net
Sun Jul 6 07:51:47 AKDT 2003

EHaury at aol.com wrote:

> A consideration for modelers using metal fuel cans is their
> conductivity. Shorting a gel cell, or large starter NiCads, with a
> metal fuel can has been disastrous for a few, a lesson we should not
> repeat.

You can't legislate against ignorance/stupidity/et al, but state and
federal officials keep trying to protect us from ourselves.  Just wait
until they decide that model airplane fuel is even more dangerous than
gasoline (it isn't).  Then we will they will ban it for our own good.
 Sorry for the tirade, but Earl's response triggered my %$#@ button
regarding government control of our lives.

Ron Van Putte