Fuel Question...Age?

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Sat Jul 5 17:04:27 AKDT 2003

Bob:
A newbie answer, but I've had it happen to me.  Old fuel, engine ran
erratically, wouldn't hold a needle, ran great on the ground, idle
somewhat erratic, several dead sticks.  Some quit at low speed, some
quit at full throttle.
Finally, after going about half nuts, I decided to do the easiest change
I could, which was, of course, the glow plug.  (Which was nearly new.)
End of problem.  Fuel was O.K. (kept in good, controlled environmental
conditions) and later found out the plug manufacturer had a bad run of
plugs which suffered for longevity.  They'd run awhile, and then
gradually go bad.  May not be your case, but between this group, we've
had just about everything prove out how Murphy's Law works.

Bill Glaze