[Pattern] CF pipe repair

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Thu Jul 3 05:18:38 AKDT 2003

You do not need carbon fiber, fiberglass will work fine. A light weave
will be the easiest to wrap around the stinger, use several layers of
light fabric as opposed to one heavy layer. JB weld is not so great but
may be the best stuff that you have acess to.  The stinger does not get
overly hot so JB stuff may be fine. In reality most finishing resins have
the same temp resistance as JB weld and will wet the fabric much easier.

Gray Fowler
Principal Chemical Engineer
Composites Engineering

"Anthony Romano" <anthonyr105 at hotmail.com>