Expected rpm on 120ac

Del Rykert drykert at rochester.rr.com
Wed Jul 2 18:35:09 AKDT 2003

Would appreciate opinions.

I have a YS 120ac that has been a strong runner in the past. Would turn a 15x12 apc 8300-8400 on 25% powermaster. It was rebuilt last season but never run till this season. It was giving me fits at Hamburg contest and taching is only showing 7800 to 8000. Needle 1 1/4 out. Seems to spit more fuel out of air inlet than I used to see.

My question being am I being unrealistic expecting it to continue to give me 8300-8400 on that prop & fuel. Valves check at 002 piston TDC cold. Good seal in valves. Don't feel any drag from bearings but I replaced bearings last time and was surprised on ratty they were after dis-assembly. Might my bearings be the culprit and next item to explore?

TIA for all who reply.

  If you choose to reply off list...   drykert at rochester.rr.com

     Del K. Rykert
     AMA - 8928