avoidance rule

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Thu Jan 30 07:38:46 AKST 2003

--On Thursday, January 30, 2003 8:44 AM -0600 s.vannostrand at kodak.com wrote:

> I'm not disagreeing, Croz, but here is my observation from limited
> experience.  I've seen several midairs at contests, unfortunately.  Each
> time was such a shock that no one saw it coming.  ...

All of my midairs have been with combat and sport planes.

Most of the time, I did not see it coming.

The last time (Hobbistar 60 vs. 40-size Extra), I had an
inkling that I was in trouble.  I may have turned into
the Extra instead of away.  :o(  Both of us had spotters.
They didn't say anything until the pieces started raining
down from the skies.

That doesn't mean more can't be done.  All I'm saying
is that it is really hard to recognize a collision course.

					Marty #2874

# discussion-request at nsrca.org