avoidance

Kurt Koelling koelling.1 at osu.edu
Wed Jan 29 13:33:20 AKST 2003

The Avoidance rule in IMAC reads as follows:
"A break in the sequence due to safety, weather, for collision avoidance,
or by request from the judges or contest director shall not be penalized by
the judges."
This rule might also apply:
"If a sequence in progress is determined by the judges to have been
interrupted by a circumstance beyond the control of the contestant, the
contestant may resume the sequence with the next unscored maneuver."

I have never seen these IMAC rules abused by contestants.  In most cases
the judges and pilots get upset if someone does not call an avoidance when
they should have.  This is probably because upwards of 10 to 15K could be
lost in a single midair!
Kurt Koelling

# discussion-request at nsrca.org