motor mounts

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Mon Jan 27 12:46:36 AKST 2003

John:
I know this is heresy, but, here goes anyway.
I assembled my Focus with a $6 Dave Brown hard mount.......absolutely
no  problems, and I campaigned and started flying it just after the
Nats'.
Funny thing........makes no more noise then my EMC did with the
expensive shock mount, and, even funnier, doesn't seem to vibrate the
airframe any more than the shock mount did.
Maybe it's like we always used to claim about expensive rubber recoil
pads--all they really did was give the rifle a running start before it
hit you!<G>
My experience so far, anyway.

Bill Glaze

# discussion-request at nsrca.org