Judging behaviour

s.vannostrand at kodak.com s.vannostrand at kodak.com
Thu Jan 23 06:48:19 AKST 2003

Thanks for this clarification of your concern.  I understand your point,
and there are several other concerns to be balanced.  I don't know the
right answer.  Consider this real life scenario: A judge is docking 2
points because the pilot doesn't land directly ON the centerline.  He is a
new judge and doesn't really know the rules.  Now some would say "he must
be left to be consistent for hte entire round so it will al balance out in
the end - this makes it fair".  I say, "this is unfair and will benefit
some and hurt others - will not balance out - and will unbalance close
contests".
  Should the judge be told that he is judging incorrectly in time to
minimize the damage?

--Lance

"Peter Pennisi" <pentagon.systems at bigpond.com>
Sent by: discussion-request at nsrca.org