Fires in Canberra_off topic

John Gayer jgghome at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 22 06:29:50 AKST 2003

The Sydney papers have a lot of information about the fires in Canberra,
which is the capital of Australia. Similar to having major fires
threaten Washington DC.  The last time I was in Australia(including a
pattern contest) you could see where the fires had almost reached the
home we were visiting.  Some of the neighbors had been burned out.
A web search for "canberra fires" will get you a lot for info.
Best wishes to you and yours, Tom.

http://www.smh.com.au/specials/canberraablaze/index.html

Cheers,
John Gayer(ex-Sydney resident)