Wheels

Ron Van Putte vanputte at nuc.net
Mon Jan 20 04:32:40 AKST 2003

Verne Koester wrote:

> I've heard the pavement in Pensacola is exceptionally rough, but one
> set of tires in one contest? Wow! Like to try it sometime. Actually,
> as I watch the snow coming down as I write this, right now would be
> just peachy......

The pavement is very rough in places at Pensacola's Spencer Field, where
the contest is held.  Maybe rough isn't the correct word, because the
pavement is smooth.  It's just got a rough texture, kind of like 80 grit
sandpaper compared to 220.  Sorry about all the snow up there in
Michigan.  Well, gotta leave for the flying field. The temperature here
in northwest Florida is supposed to be in the middle 60s, with light
breezes. Snicker, snicker.

Ron Van Putte