Off the subject - pine wood derby

patternpaul at cs.com patternpaul at cs.com
Wed Jan 15 08:32:15 AKST 2003

Hi all,
I put as much weight in the back as possible and always won with this combo.  The advice to put some weight in the front to hold the front axle down is good advice.  Through testing over and over, the rear weight did seem to make a difference, but the car is touchy to front axle bounce causing the car to come off the track.  It was always worth the risk as I always won.  Three first places in Cub Scout pine wood derby races through the years.

Paul LaChance
ps  I was a little more complex in my car as mine looked like an F-1 car, including the rear wing which was very fragile.
# discussion-request at nsrca.org