Fascination,...

John Gausby humptybumpty at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 13 14:21:55 AKST 2003

I built a Gator Fascination about 3 years ago. It is truely a builders plane.
LOTS and LOTS of work! The plans show a foam wing ,horiz stab , and rudder.
The plans are well done and the accessories are well made (canopy ,fiberglass
belly pan , foam cores , etc.) You will need a VERY GOOD fuse jig.(I use Gator
Jumbo size)

IF you keep the airframe LIGHT (i used mostly contest wood) a 120FZ would
probably be OK for the lower classes. If you can't build it under 10 lbs...i
recommend a 140.

One of my SPA buddies (Mike Hare) flew his Gator Fascination for several years
and he said he LOVED it. Unfortunately his was lost in a mid-air.

I just read that someone complained about poor snapping charactoristics.
Something about small ailerons and a large stab. I disagree!! Chris's wood
Fascination has BIG barn door ailerons and the stab is about the size of a .60
size Conquest. First time i've come across that one......John Gausby
Richmond , Va.

# discussion-request at nsrca.org