where does the model roll?

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 9 03:51:43 AKST 2003

There is another center, the center of pressure. The
model would rotate on a point somewhere between the
center of gravity and the center of pressure. I would
surmize the designs of current pattern plane designs
tend to put the vertical position of the center of
pressure and the center of gravity at the same point.
A trainer design would put the vertical center of
pressure above the center of gravity so the plane
would have a natural tendency to fly upright.

=====
Bob Kane
getterflash at yahoo.com