Transmitter battery mod to Futaba 9 ZAP

Troy Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Tue Feb 25 08:59:22 AKST 2003

MessagePeter,

Futaba sells a little jumper than is inserted into the battery output plug when the battery is removed from the TX. This will jumper the diode and allow you to peak charge and cycle the battery but only when it is removed from the TX...This setup works good and you can still have the advantages of the diode. I fly the JE10X now but used to fly the 9Z and I just had spare battery packs...The 9Z had way too small of a battery pack and a really high current drain. The JR 10X is much better in this aspect 1100mah and lower drain...Now I have heard the newer WC2 has a bigger battery capacity but don't know...I never had one

Troy Newman