Malibu ??

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Mon Feb 24 05:40:49 AKST 2003

Having been (accidentally, I guess) in near the beginning, I feel
privileged to have seen the evolution of what we now have.  A few
visionaries (Bob Dunham, Howard Bonner, among others) saw what was on
the horizon.  I just enjoyed the fruits of their work.  It still was
great being associated with them, and being able to drop in at their
places of business.  The industry  was small enough then that you were
always a welcome break from business.  Lots of intermingling; Ray Downs
wife, Edie, (for Edith) worked for Howard in his business on Jefferson
Blvd in L.A.   She also did the best job of covering with nylon I ever
saw.  She would cover an entire six foot Astro Hog wing with one piece
of nylon, tip to tip, and never a wrinkle anywhere.  She covered all of
Ray's airplanes.  Ray and Edie later bought Colonel Bob's Hobby shop on
Pico Blvd. in Los Angeles.  Ray just passed away a couple of years ago.
Great folks!  Enough reminiscing; I'll be told to watch it!<G>

Bill Glaze

Bill Glaze