Malibu ??

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Sat Feb 22 13:34:45 AKST 2003

Del,

I don't believe that is true. Rhett flew at my club contest around '87 or '88
time frame, in Texas, and performed well but did not win the contest.

He was flying a typical model for the day, a Typhoon with a 120 four stroke,
flew F3A, but looked unpracticed as I recall, and rightly so: he only had
about two weeks of practice on that borrowed plane (it was Ron's actual
plane).
He was still flying single stick back then, but we never saw him again after
that.

For the record, he told me he was in Banking back then. He got a well
deserved great deal of flattering attention from all of us. The thing that
stuck with me the most from that chance encounter, was the class act he was.
A super nice guy.

Matt Kebabjian