Filter Failure

RUDDERCABL at aol.com RUDDERCABL at aol.com
Sat Feb 22 06:31:03 AKST 2003

  Two years ago when I recieved the Prophecy I currently fly , I had to
wrestle with this problem . It has fuel dots and presents the problem of
filter placement. Having had filters leak before , I certainly wasn't going
to place the filter in the fuse . Since I filter my fuel in-line from the
fuel jug to the tank , I deciced to not use a filter in-line to the engine .
Two years and no problem yet .

  On my next plane , I intend to return to the K.I.S.S. system and do away
with the fuel dots . They are cool and give the plane a clean appearance ,
however , they in no way can replace the simplicity of having the filter and
check valve right there in easy reach .

Robert Gainey