Weight savings help!!

Terry Terrenoire amad2terry at juno.com
Wed Feb 19 02:19:04 AKST 2003

The problem is in the fuze! At nearly 10 pounds! In the wing you will be
hard pressed to save more than 2 or 3 ounces. My last 2 retract ships
were in that ball park for size and the weight was very close to the 2#
8oz you have. but the fuzelages were under 7#. You are ot going to save
3# by repainting, unless you used a lead based paint and put it on 1/4
inch thick!

I think you are stuck, and the only way out is to build a new fuze.
Changing spinners will save you about 3/4 of an ounce!

Terry T

# discussion-request at nsrca.org