ST 1.20/1.40 noise

Emory Schroeter emorydmd at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 18 14:04:54 AKST 2003

I'm using a Karl Mueller header and the Bolly 480 pipe. The Bolly 590 works just as well, but is a little longer and heavier and doesn't seem to offer an advantage to the 480. As far as noise goes, last time I checked it, it was around 93-94 db. However, since that time I switched the material I use for the coupler and it seems to be much more quiet. I was using a 2 1/2" piece of silicone tubing and I switched to a 4" piece of the hard Teflon tubing. Maybe the noise has something to do with the length. Also, what RPM's are you turning with what prop? I like the 16.5x12 and it turns around 8300 rpm's. It is a fairly quiet setup.

Emory Schroeter.