Weight savings help!!

Ihncheol Park PatternFlyer at msn.com
Tue Feb 18 02:32:32 AKST 2003

Hi, All,

I am in the process of trying to reduce weight of my plane including
building a new wing with foam core, replacing servos with less weight,
smaller battery etc.

How much can a wing weigh if it is 837 sq-in 67.7" (68") dual servos and
glassed in the center sections top & bottom?

My wing right now weighs 1160g (40oz) with 136G, Supra 60 size retracts, 2x
55mm Tettra wheels, Central hobbies axles, 2x 7005 servos with central
hobbies pushrod, MK horns, and adjusters. Kinda too heavy?

My fuse weighs 2870g RTF.  Really heavy for 68". I am not sure how much I
can save from repainting the fuse because I have no data on the weight
before priming and/or painting.

Does anyone know the weight of 2.5" FAI 120-cut, Lightened back plate TT
spinner weight without the screw?

I use 2.5" standard 120-cut that weighs 56g w/ screw, 51.03g wo/screw.
How much can I save?

My battery is Nicad 1700mAh w/ JR connector 140g.
This runs 1x 8411, 2x 7005, 1x Hitec 225, 1x 8231, 1x Futaba 136G

What other type of battery in smaller or lighter weight can I go with?
I use Alpha 4 as primary charger.
Thanks,

Ihncheol Park
1973 White Ave., #402