T2K/Webra

David Wartel dwartel at attbi.com
Mon Feb 17 12:04:53 AKST 2003

Has anyone mounted a Webra 1.45 in a Typhoon 2000? I'm trying to use the home made soft mount shown on Piedmont's website. The thrust washer comes out about 1/2" shorter than the YS set-up shown on the plans.

I'm building an all wood version from the plans.

How should I handle this? Is it OK to shorten the cowl this much? Will it still fit on the finished fuse? Will changing the moment this much harm performance? Or should I build an engine box to compensate?

Thanks for any help.

Dave