balance

Michael rcbatics at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 15 14:18:02 AKST 2003

I used to own both a YS 1.4L and an OS 1.4 RX, so I weighed and balanced
them. The prop, spinner, engine, Hyde mount, header, coupler, pipe support
and pipe weights are basically the same (APC, Tru-Turn, YS/Hatori/Hatori vs
APC, Tru-Turn, OS/OS/OS). The c.g. of all this is further back for the
2-stroker.

I'll give you my measurements two different ways: (1) the weight moment
difference is 64 oz-inches; you would have to add 2 oz of lead 32 inches aft
on the c.g. to restore the c.g. to where it was with the 4-stroke engine
installed; (2) or you would be moving the wing back 0.40 inches on a 10.0 lb
model. Both options are negligible in terms of changing flight
characteristcs..

Mike Nauman
NSRCA 1062
AMA 7044