AC Input to DC Chargers

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Sat Feb 15 12:26:23 AKST 2003

Jim and all:
I'm sure that about a half million guys use this, but if nobody suggests
it...........
I use a small lawn tractor battery.  Fits well on the workbench, can double as a
starter battery if my van needs help because of a low battery. (Used it that way
once; pulled a guy out of a problem.)  It can be charged by a Sears One Amp
charger, or, I've even put the Litco charger on it and walked away.  It's
sealed, so there is no worry about electrolyte leakage, which is a concern in a
nicely upholstered van.  And, the price won't break the bank.
Plus, it is easy to transport to the field, inasmuch as it has a built in strap
for carrying, and turns the Sullivan starter over like gangbusters, as well as
doing a great job of powering a field charger.  Now, if I ever need it for my
lawn tractor............
HTH

Bill Glaze

# discussion-request at nsrca.org