Some Advice/Mentoring an 18yo HS Senior

glenn hatfield randy10926 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 14 06:57:47 AKST 2003

Kept to the 40 sized stuff.  With AMA and club expenses $400 is OK for
the 40 sized equipment.  As for kits, and of the 40 sized trainers are
OK; most have been around for a long time.  The GP or Sig kits go
together pretty quick and use interlocking constuction.  On real need
for a laser kit and they usually cost most that the die-cut kits.  Get
an os 46 FX for the engine for aroun $110.  You could go cheaper, but
the OS 46 is a real good engien with some growth potential.  So it can
be used for 2nd and 3rd planes; and it has good re-sale value if she
doe not stay around the hobby.

Randy