Malibu ??

Michael rcbatics at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 12 13:09:03 AKST 2003

Aw, shucks, I can top that, Tom! Saw my first R/C airplane fly in early 1950's. Model was an overweight fat free-flier type - no chance of ROG. Owner would run like hell, throw like hell, and then pray she didn't bounce off the ground before she started to fly. On the occasion of my visit, she bounced. That de-tuned the receiver and away she went, free flight. As there was no chance this thing would thermal, it was merely a process of finding a country road that went downwind about 5 minutes, and down she came after the engine quit. Next time everything went well. He could actually - gasp - make the model TURN in the air! Gosh, what will they do next?

There was just the one control, rudder. Oh, well.

Mike Nauman
NSRCA 1062
AMA 7044
N6QZ