Stick build fuse and surfaces

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Tue Feb 11 17:07:29 AKST 2003

Along the same vein of building with sticks, I found a really nice, machined
flat wood board being caried by my local Home Depot that I built into a wood
fuse building surface. The board is constructed of hundreds of short planks
of wood (1x2x6 to 12 inches), and is planed flat on both sides; it is 18x72"
and is ideal for the 2 meter types.

I then installed 2" aluminum angle all around, securing and preserving the
flatness. The aluminum angle footers simply lay on top of my regular slate
table

I also purcased 8 carpenter's aluminum triangles from the HD; these are the
kind with the wide footer on one side, and have 7" sides. The footer was
drilled at a couple places to allow screwing down. I used the ball driven
servo screws for securing the triangles to the wood board.

It turned out to be very effective method and more accurate than any other
method I have used to date, while framing my Sport 300 racer

Matt Kebabjian