Rhett Miller, was: Malibu ??

Jerry Budd jbudd at QNET.COM
Mon Feb 10 19:45:17 AKST 2003

>Terry Terrenoire wrote:
>
>>Speaking of Rhett! Does anybody know where he is, is he is still
>>flying, Why he quit?
>>I suspect he quit when he started with girls, and higher education,
>>but why hasn't he come back??
>>
>Rhett Miller is a dentist out in the southwest somewhere.  He did
>make a comeback on the early 1990s and competed in the 1991 F3A Team
>Selection. He dropped out of sight again after that.
>
>Ron Van Putte

Hi Ron,

I met Rhett at the '91 Team Trials that you and Tony CD'd at Duke
Auxiliary Field.  He and I went to lunch at the Snack Shack during
one of the many rain delays.  My recollection from our conversation
is that he was an investment banker in Tallahassee with several kids.
He was only able to fly in the Team trials due to Ron Chidgey loaning
him one of his YS-powered MV-1 Typhoons with a Futaba 512PCM radio
that Ron had converted to single-stick.  IIRC, Rhett finished 24th
out of a field of nearly 50 with little or no practice.  A good pilot
and a really nice guy.

Thx, Jerry
--
Jerry Budd