Avoidance Rule

WHIP23 at aol.com WHIP23 at aol.com
Mon Feb 3 13:21:56 AKST 2003

In a message dated 1/31/03 8:11:36 AM Pacific Standard Time,
rcbatics at earthlink.net writes:

> So, let's see, these figures mean that a pool of around 25 fliers lost 6
> model airplanes in one season of contest flying?!? Boy, it's a good thing
> they don't practice together as well.
>

> Mike Nauman

Better read it again, it says 4 years and a mid air does not, always result
in loss of the airplane/airplanes, had three mid airs and only one loss.  I'm
not saying they are a good thing, but they happen and not just a contests, in
fact the three I've had were all in practice and only one involved another
aerobatic plane.  If you fly a lot and fly with anyone else in the air it can
happen.  All this theory about how to avoid them is pretty meaningless, most
pilots don't fly so well that they can insure that they can be in or out at
all times and even if they do the other guy probably can't.  It's the luck of
the draw guys and short of flying alone you can't hide.  Fortunately no one
dies!!

Now go fly and have fun and try not to have a mid air and it you must don't
have one with me!!

Bob