O.S. 1.40RX

Ron Van Putte vanputte at nuc.net
Mon Feb 3 07:38:11 AKST 2003

  What Eric describes is exactly what I was going to say; he beat me to
it.  I remember years ago, sitting at a contest in Louisiana, trying to
get the carb out of an OS 61LS.  It was a hot, steamy day and I was in a
hurry.  However the carb was not in a hurry.  After sweating for an
hour, rotating the carb back and forth, it finally came out.  Be
patient; just keep rotating and pulling; it will come out.  BTW, "ali"
must be Scot for aluminum.

Ron Van Putte

Henderson,Eric wrote:
Dave,
         Sounds like the Ali of the carb body is scuffed-up inside. The
trick is to loosen the nut  and tap the pin in gently about two threads.
Then the carb can be rotated a little each way. Gradually rotate in
opposite directions, to the limits, to smooth out the roughness in the
Ali, and better position the pin. (At some point you should be able to
go all the way until it hits the engine case). At the same time keep
pulling gently. Had a couple that did this to me. No problematic damage.
just a pain.