O.S.140 RX

Dave Smith dfs at navnet.net
Sat Feb 1 06:06:08 AKST 2003

HELP!     In disassembling the above engine,I have run into a problem in removing the clip holding the wristpin in place.

The tang of the clip is so short,it seems nearly impossible to grip it in order to remove it. According to the diagram in the instructions,the tang should go almost all the way across to the other side of the clip. It is almost as though the tang was broken,[like used to happen on engines using this system years ago,such as the Kraft .61],but there is no evidence of this.

Short of sending it to the service center,how do I remove this clip?

Then once the clip is out,is the wristpin threaded internally so it can be pulled out?  If not,how?

Thanks in advance,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Dave   NSRCA # 943