Merry Christmas

Henderson,Eric Eric.Henderson at gartner.com
Wed Dec 24 08:20:25 AKST 2003

I just watched that tribute and it was hard to get to the end of it.

In just a few hours my stepdaughter will be home for Christmas.

I have raised her for just over 8 years, She was hell-on-wheels, even before she got a car! She fought fundamental parenting every step of the way and was extremely difficult to love. She had one of those molten steel spirits that had to be cooled-off to handle and at the same time required great care not to quench its glow.

She always wanted to work in NY city. She was at the University of Maryland when 9/11 happened. Her desire never missed a beat. In June 2002 she graduated moved into Manhattan and began her working career. She is still there. I can't begin to tell you all how proud I am of her and her stance. No terrorists will turn her away from her dream.

NY city is no picnic for a young woman and there have been times when it has not been easy for her. She told me that NY was built by tough people and that the people that live there will not be intimidated by any world threat. She gets mad at the liberals who attack her president who, "Had the (insert NY explicative) to do the right things for those who were killed" .

When we get a private moment tomorrow, I will take the chance to tell her how proud I am of her and the woman she has become.

Sorry if this is a bit personal, but if you watch the clip on the web-site it cannot fail but to stir your heart.

Regards,

Eric.