Wright Flyer.

Adam Glatt adam.g at sasktel.net
Fri Dec 19 12:36:43 AKST 2003

JOddino wrote:

>Marty,
>I'm impressed.  Actually it was a guy named Leon Kryske who was a great
>engineer at Hughes who had it on his blackboard.  He told me that it was a
>Branch Rickey quote.  I always assumed it was something more like "..the
>residue of good planning" and that Leon had modified it.  Branch was the guy
>who started the Farm System in baseball and of course had a lot of success
>as a result.
>Did you actually find this quote someplace or did I use this line before?
>Jim

I'll see your 1881-1965 Rickey and raise you a 1822-1895 Louis Pasteur,
who said "chance only favours the mind which is prepared."  Ever drank
wine, beer, or milk, felt silk, had your pet vaccinated against rabies,
or seen someone survive surgery?
The pattern flier in me is tempted to trade the Pasteur for a Wright
brothers, though ;>
# discussion-request at nsrca.org