Wright Flyer.

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Fri Dec 19 09:33:57 AKST 2003

--On Friday, December 19, 2003 1:27 PM -0500 "Henderson,Eric" <Eric.Henderson at gartner.com> wrote:

> I do think that there was an inherent responsibility in the
> replication effort to actually get it to fly.

They actually got it to fly twice.

Nov. 20: about 100 feet in 15-18 mph headwinds.

Dec. 3: about 115 feet.

<http://www.wrightexperience.com/>

> Waiting for more wind would have been prudent.

Neither the cameras nor the crowd would wait past
dalight on December.

> My
> point is that I'll wager that any proficient RC pattern modeler could have
> diagnosed the condition and made sure that it flew when in put the eye of the world.

So far as I know, RC pattern modelers don't have any
special control over the force or direction of the
wind.

> Any news that they succeeded in getting in a recorded flight would be most welcome.

Cf. the link above for the press releases.

						Marty #2874
# discussion-request at nsrca.org