Wright Flyer.

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Fri Dec 19 08:32:40 AKST 2003

--On Friday, December 19, 2003 9:17 AM -0800 JOddino <JOddino at socal.rr.com> wrote:

> It seems to me that the "Consent to Fly Review" should have told
> them to wait for the right conditions that would allow succes.  But
> they probably would never get the same conditions because I believe
> the area has many more objects causing turbulence
> compared to 1903.  A tough problem.

They scrubbed the second flight attempt, even though
they had the engine running, because the wind was
from the west, crossing a line of trees that weren't
there in 1903.  They expected that the roiling of
the wind over the trees would cause more problems
than the lack of wind in the first attempt.

							Marty #2874
# discussion-request at nsrca.org